War Memorial of Korea is located in Yongsan-dong, It opened in 1994 on the former site of the army headquarters to exhibit and memorialize the military history of Korea. The memorial building has six indoor exhibition rooms and an outdoor exhibition centre displaying over 13,000 war memorabilia and military equipment
Along with photos, map and artefacts, the films give a fascinating insight into what the war was like.
There’s plenty of military hardwatre outside- thanks, helicopters, missiles and plans, plus
stirring war memorials.
In this museum there’s 13,000 items are displayed in its six halls under different themes: Memorial Hall, War History, Korean War, Expeditionary Forces Room, ROK Armed Forces Room, and Large Equipment Room, plus the
outside exhibition area.
This museum cover the surprise 4am attack from North, the build-up of UN(mainly US0 forces in Busan,
the daring amphibious landing at Incheaon, sweep north followed by the surprise Chinese attack which
took place in 1950.
On the 1st floor theres are painting and panoramic display illustration fierce battles againg Mongol, Japanese
and Chinese armies. On the 3rd floor the Combat Experience Room is just that, and lasts five minutes (every 30min)
Foreigner Language Interpretation Services: English, Japanese, Chinese (Audio guide rental)
Operating Hours: 9:00am – 18:00pm
Closed: Every Monday ※ If Monday is a holiday, it will be closed on the following day, instead
1) Samgakji Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 1, 11 or 12.
2) Namyeong Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 1.
1) Take Bus 110A, 110B, 740, or 421 and get off at The War Memorial of Korea Bus Stop.
2) Take Bus 421, 149, 150, 151, 152, 500, 501, 504, 605, 750B, 751, 752, 502, 506, 507, or 750A and get off Samgakji Station Bus Stop.
3) Take Airport Bus 6001 to Samgakji Station.