2016 Busan Festival Information
Polar bear swimming contest
– Application Fee : ￦20,000 per person
Drone show Korea 2016
Issues needed to be solved(privacy, safety regulations, and frequency-overlapping, etc.) coexist with the rapid growth of the market. In this regard, Drone Show Korea will present the best opportunity for drone business networking. And It surely creates momentum for drone ecosystem. With a number of globally renowned speakers, experts in the industry will be gathering in Drone Show Korea to discuss the future of the Drone industry.
– Website : http://eng.droneshowkorea.com/
– Period : Jan28(Thu) ~ 30(Sat), 2016
– Venue : BEXCO Exhibition Center 1, Convention Hall
– Scale : 56 Exhibitors 222 Booths (Including space for the Events)
Jeongwol Daeboreum Fire Festival
On the opening evening of the festival, an impressive ceremony is held : the burn of daljip a wooden structure built every year on major beaches in Busan such as Haeundae, Gwanganli, Songdo beach. It means moon’s home which absorbs the bad energy of new year. On the climax of the ceremony, the structure is burnt and the giant flames light the sky.
During this festival, traditional music performance is held such as Samulnori, a genre of traditional percussion music.
Nakdonggang Youchae Flower Festival
– Address : 2314-11, Daejeo 1-dong, Gangseo-gu, Busan, Korea
부산광역시 강서구 대저1동 2314-11)
Busan International Performing Arts Festival(BIPAF)
Busan International Performing Arts Festival aims to inspire Busan citizens’ cultural pride through holding excellent Eastern and Western performances and cultural events and offer entertainment by specialized citizen participation programs. In addition, we intend to experience the flow of performing arts first hand and introduce Busan as a city of international cultural exchange to the whole world.
– Website : http://www.bipaf.org/ (2016 ver.)
Busan Lotus Lantern Festival
Around 1,700 temples, groups, and related organizations prepare diverse programs such as making lotus lanterns, sharing traditional tea, eating temple food, and celebratory performances. We strongly recommend you to visit Beomeosa, one of the country’s most known urban temples with 1,300 years history. You can experience time travel if you visit this temple during the festival because it keeps own antique atmosphere with lotus lantern.
– Venue : Beomeosa temple
– Address : 250 Beomeosa-ro, Geumjeong-gu, Busan
Busan Port Festival
Nearly 30 programs are planned for visitors of families, friends, and couples alike. One of the outstanding programs featured at the festival is the Busan Port Tour, in which visitors get on a ship to see North Port. Another popular program is the Embarkment Experience that displays a naval vessel and marine police vessel, both of which are rare to see. Busan Port Parade offers a dynamic performance and music, and Busan Port Stamp Tour is available to enjoy various exhibitions and hands-on programs at the National Maritime Museum and other festival facilities.
– Venue : Busan International Cruise Terminal(Dongsam-dong, Yeongdo-gu)
Joseon Tongsinsa Festival
Today, this festival is marked by the Joseon Tongsinsa International Culture Exchange Project. As well as reviving the Joseon Tongsinsa Parade, the exchange project will host the “I Love Busan” parade and a special welcome parade of Japanese artists.
– Website : http://historytongsinsa.com/ex_eng/(ENG)
– Venue : Metro Line No. 1 to Jagalchi Station. 15 minutes’ walk from the station.
Taejongdae Hydrangea Festival
– Venue : Taejongdae
– Address: 257, Jeonmang-ro, Yeongdo-gu, Busan부산광역시 영도구 전망로 24
– How to go : The walk to the temple takes 30-45 minutes or you can take a Danubi tram for a small fee.
Busan International Motor Show
– Website : http://eng.busanmotorshow.co.kr/main/main.php
– Venue : BEXCO(55, APEC-ro, Haeundae-gu, Busan, Korea)
– Venue Size : BEXCO in and out-door exhibition hall(64,563㎡)
– Period : June 2(Thu) ~ June 12(Sun), 2016 [11days]
Haeundae Sand Festival
– Website : http://sandfestival.co.kr/
– Address : U1-dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan-si(부산 해운대구 우1동)
– Location : Haeundae Beach
Busan International Rock Festival
Along with the international film festival in October, the Busan International Rock Festival has played a vital role in promoting the artistic affluence of Busan, the largest port city in South Korea. The festival is widely recognized as strengthening ties between renowned musicians worldwide. This fun event is a must-see for any rock music lover in Korea.
– Ticket Price : Free
– Website : http://www.rockfestival.co.kr/ENG/Rock/01.asp(ENG)
– Location : Samnak Ecological Park
– Address : 696 Samnak-dong, Sasang-gu, Busan-si(부산 사상구 삼락동 696)
Busan Sea Festival
- Opening ceremony (celebrating concert)
- Performance (Cass Summer Concert, SEA & JAZZ Festival)
- BeFM Expat DJ Contest
- Busan International Rock Festival
- 7080 Family Love Concert, etc.
– Website : http://festival.busan.kr/ENG/sea/01.asp(ENG)
– Venue : Haeundae Beach, Gwangalli Beach, Songdo Beach, Dadaepo Beach, Songjeong Beach, etc.
Busan Biennale 2016
It is intended to present contemporary art in a more accessible way through its interpretation to the general public. The main notions that the Busan Biennale represents are locality, internationality and communicability through reflecting on the local lives and culture which feed into the Biennale.
– Website : http://www.busanbiennale.org/english/main/ (Eng)
– Venue : Busan Museum of Art, Busan Cultural Center, KISWIRE Sooyoung Factory, Dadaepo beach, etc.
– Organization : Main Exhibition, Special Exhibition, Other programs etc.
Busan One Asia Festival
– Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Busan-One-Asia-Festival-771049196374854/
– Venue : Bexco, Busan Asiad Main Stadium, etc.
Busan International Film Festival
Leading Asian film industry as Asia’s largest and internationally acknowledged film festival, Busan International Film Festival is growing fast to become comparable to other world-renowned film festivals.
If you want to watch Asian Film, we strongly recommend you to join this festival !
– Website : http://www.biff.kr/structure/eng/default.asp(ENG)
– Main event :
- Hand Printing
- Master Class
- Open Talk
- Meet the Guest: Talk to Talk
- Audience Meet-and-Greet
- Cinema Together
– Venue : 35 SCREENS at 6 THEATERS(excluding Market and unofficial screening venues)
- Centum City: LOTTE CINEMA Centum City, CGV Centum City, Busan Cinema Center, Dongseo University Sohyang Theater
- Haeundae: MEGABOX Haeundae
- Nampo-dong: MEGABOX Busan Theater
Busan Fireworks Festival
– Website : www.bff.or.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
– Main event :
- Busan multi fireworks
- Eve concert
- Fireworks concert
- Street performance, etc.
– Venue : Gwangalli Beach, Gwangan Bridge
– Address : 192-20, Gwangan 2-dong, Suyeong-gu, Busan-si
부산광역시 수영구 광안해변로 219 (광안동)
Busan Sea International Marathon
Half marathon (21.1 km; 13.1 mi), 10 km (6.2 mi) and 5 km (3.1 mi) courses are available, all of which go across Gwangan Bridge, over Dongbaekseom Island and past the Busan Civil Art Museum, all of which are major Busan tourism sites. In this year, Busan opens new course(25 km) which connects 3 major bridges in Busan, Gwangan Bridge, Busan Port Bridge and South Port Bridge. We are sure that this course will you give freshness because you will run 16km on the bridges with watching the beautiful natural beauty of the sea.
– Website : http://marathon.busan.com/(Eng)
Again Winter 🙂
Global Game Exhibition G-star 2016
– Website : http://www.gstar.or.kr/
– Venue : Bexco
Busan Christmas Tree Festival
– Website : http://bctf.kr/(KOR)
– Venue : Multiple locations including Busan Station, Gwangbok-ro in Jung-gu, Nampo Station and areas around Nampo Gukje Market.
New Year’s Bell-Tolling Ceremony
Tens of thousands of people flock to Yongdusan Mountain Park, where they count down to the start of the New Year. Korea has bell-ringing ceremonies in different parts of the peninsula. While Seoul hosts the Bosingak Bell Ringing Ceremony in Jongno, Busan has its own version at Yongdusan Mountain Park.
The event starts at 11 p.m. and features musical performances, bell-ringing, a fireworks festival and a New Year’s address. The energy is then kicked up a notch with performances by a chorus and various musical acts in the lead-up to midnight. Visitors can also take commemorative pictures in every corner of the park, dotted with beautiful light installations.
The highlight of the program, the bell-ringing ceremony, begins with a vigorous countdown 10 seconds before midnight.
Every New Year’s Eve, designated dignitaries from across society ring the bell 33 times. The bell is struck 11 times each time, for three rounds, to symbolize hope, love and peace. Afterward, colorful fireworks crisscross the night skies to top off the celebration.
– Website : festival.busan.kr/ENG
– Venue : Yongdusan Park
– Address : Dadae-dong, Saha-gu, Busan-si
부산광역시 중구 용두산길 35-18 (광복동2가)
How To Make Your Reservations
Also, please kindly note that heavy traffic condition will happen during these festivals period. When you make your itinerary, please avoid rush hour(7:00-9:00/17:00-19:00) to make convenient and safe trip after considering the festival zone and time 🙂
Hire private Van and enjoy your Day tour in Busan or join Busan City Tour by Bus