Beat the heat by visiting OneMount SnowPark- an indoor winter wonderland!
Summer brings many wonderful activities and experiences (from waterparks, to beaches, to mud festivals in Busan) but sometimes the heat can be too much- then what better activity to participate in than an indoor winter wonderland that is also open in the summer?
OneMount SnowPark is located inside “Hallyu World”, which is about an hour away by bus (with a direct bus going from Seoul Station). It is located in Ilsan, and OneMount is very famous for featuring a shopping mall, a snow park AND a water park!
OneMount Snowerpark consists of a Santa Village, a sledding area with animal sleds, an ice lake where adults and children alike can do winter and ice themed activities like ice bowling, as well as a few rides!
The indoor snow park is open all year, so be sure to get a copy of the map! It is not so big you will be unable to complete all the activities in one day, but it is big enough that you will need a full day!
What makes this place great is that not only is there a food court, but because it is located next to a huge shopping mall you can find even more variety of restaurants to eat at!
TIP) To temporarily leave Snow Park, be sure to get a stamp at the entrance. To re-enter that day, simply show the stamp on the back of your hand to the entrance staff.
One of the most popular and attractive features is that there are arctic sled dogs that will actually pull your sled! The sled dogs draw sleds three times a day, and are treated and trained well- you don’t have to worry about the animals being treated cruelly!
Tips for Enjoying Snow Park
The official directions on the OneMount SnowPar website is as follows: but although the Seoul Subway system is very good and convenient (especially during traffic periods) the most convenient way to travel is by taking 1 bus!
Juyeop Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 3.
Go straight toward Seohyeon Plaza, turn left, and continue forward to reach the destination.
1. Take any of the following bus and get off at Onemount Bus Stop.
– Bus No. 92
– Village Bus No. 010, 058, 062, 089
2. Take any of the following bus and get off at Hansu Elementary School Bus Stop.
– Bus No. 10, 16, 55, 80, 92, 900
– Village Bus No. 010, 080, 089
Direct Bus to OneMount
Bus 9714 and 1000 from near Seoul Station will take you to OneMount!
About 1 hour away, you get on at Seungraemoon station (승례문 in Korean)
The white dot where the red line starts is SeungRaeMoon station! It is a short walking distance from Seoul Station, and both buses stop here.
Get on the red bus (1000 or 9714( at Seungraemoon and get off at Muncheon Maeul (문촌마을) station. From there, you have the option of getting onto a smaller local bus (number 080) and then getting off directly at the Onemount Waterpark and Snowpark stop, or walking!
The green line depicts the route by the local bus, but as you can see it is not too bad a walking distance!
- ☞ Address: 300, Hallyu World-ro, Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do
- ☞ Directions: Juyeop Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 3. Walk approx. 15min.
- ☞ Operating hours: Weekdays 10:00-19:00 / Weekends 10:00-20:00
- ※ Hours listed are for July 1-22, 2016. Hours after the mentioned period are subject to change. Please refer to official website for more
- ☞ Fees: Weekdays 25,000 won / Weekends 30,000 won
- ※ Prices listed are for July 1-22, 2016. Prices after the mentioned period are subject to change. Please refer to official website for more information.
- ☞ Website:snowpark.onemount.co.kr (Korean, English, Chinese)
No1 in Korea / Private apartment, guesthouse & Hanok booking